Ingredients: Ragi-40g ; Cocoa powder-5g ; Icing sugar-20g ; Water- As required.
For topping: Fresh or dried berries- As required ; Honey / icing sugar- As required ; Chocolate chips (optional).
- Mix ragi, cocoa powder and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Pour water little by little so as to form a consistent batter.
- Grease a pan with oil or butter.
- Pour the batter depending upon the desired radius of the pancake and let it cook on medium flame for sometime.
- Cook the other side of the pancake by flipping it.
- Once cooked place the pancakes on the serving dish and top them with honey, fresh or dried berries and chocolate chips.
- Ragi pancakes are now ready to be served.
Finger millet or ragi is a staple food of South India. It is also grown and consumed in some parts of Africa.
- Finger millet is rich in dietary fiber.
- It is an excellent non-dairy source of calcium and is necessary for healthy bones and teeth.
- It is also a good source of Iron because of which Anaemic children and adults are given Ragi in the form of porridge, flakes or gelatinous ragi ball.
- Finger millet is used in the process of weaning (introducing a mammal infant to food other than its mother’s milk).