For dough- Refined Wheat Flour-90g ; Salt-a pinch ; Water As required ; Oil- 1/2 tsp.
For stuffing- Sweet Potato-60g ; Carrot-15g ; Onion-15g ; Green Chilly-1 (medium) ; Coriander leaves-5g ; Salt-to taste ; Red Chilli powder-1/8 tsp ; Turmeric powder- A pinch.
- Make dough with refined wheat flour, water, salt and oil. Keep aside.
- Boil sweet potato, peel and mash it in a bowl.
- Chop onion, green chilli and coriander leaves and grate carrot.
- Add the grated and chopped vegetables to the mashed sweet potato.
- Also add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Divide the dough and the mashed mixture into 3 equal parts.
- Roll out the dough, stuff the mashed mixture and cover it with the sides of the flattened dough.
- Roll it again and cook on a greased pan.
- Serve hot with pickle or tomato ketchup.
Sweet potato is very rich in Vitamin A (beta-carotene) content. Vitamin ‘A’ is a fat soluble vitamin which is critical for sharper vision, flawless and glowing skin.
Being a fat soluble vitamin, it plays an important role in carrying out the process of reproduction. It helps in maintaining the cell membrane, aids in cell division and cell growth. Vitamin ‘A’ strengthens immune system. Bone growth is also associated with the Vitamin ‘A’ content especially Retinol. An adult man and an adult non-pregnant and non-lactating woman with an average weight of 60kg must make sure to have an intake of 4800 micro grams of Beta-carotene and 600 micro grams of Retinol per day.