Ingredients: Maize:30g ; Peas:25g ; Salt-To taste ; Pepper-A pinch ; Lime juice (optional)-A few drops.
- Pressure cook the grains of maize and green peas.
- Drain the stew and use it for curries and gravies.
- Mix the drained peas and grains of maize with a little salt and pepper.
- Add a few drops of lime juice for better taste.
- It is now ready to be served.
Corn, being a cereal is rich in dietary fiber. It is also rich in Vitamin B constituents. Therefore, it can be given to pregnant women to provide fair amounts of folic acid (Vitamin B9), the deficiency of which results in Neural tube defects in New borns. Corn is a natural antioxidant, thereby prevents wrinkles and ageing of skin. Yellow corn is a very good source of beta-carotene which is essential for good vision and skin.
Green Peas are healthy sources of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid). It helps the human body to develop resistance against the pro-inflammatory free radicals. Peas are rich sources of Folates and many other B-complex vitamins. Furthermore, they are a rich sources of minerals such as Calcium, Iron, Copper, Zinc and Manganese.